Saturday, August 12, 2017

Lightning Bolt Fails to Strike at World Championships in London

Earlier this week, Usain Bolt (hailed by many as the greatest sprinter of all time), lost to two Americans in the 100-meter final at the 2017 World Championships in London. It was the legendary Jamaican sprinter's second loss of the day, losing a semi-final race earlier.

It’s the first time in his illustrious career that Bolt's been beaten in the 100-meter final at the world championships, or the Olympics for that matter. Justin Gatlin (age 35) of the U.S.A. grabbed gold in 9.92 seconds, and American Christian Coleman (age 21) took silver in 9.94. Unfortunately, the Americans received boos from the London crowd after the race was finished.

After winning the 100-meter race, Gatlin said: “I dreamed about this day. I worked hard for this day. And it took for me to not be selfish and think about myself and think about others to give me that fight.”

Bolt (age 30) is retiring from the sport TODAY after he runs the 4×100-meter relay. He chose not to compete in the 200 meters at the world championships.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: