Thursday, May 3, 2018

I Have Arrived... Finally.


During the spring seasons of 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 I was running across states and countries -- Montana, Alaska, Germany, and the Mojave Desert. Every step was to promote youth health and fitness through a non-profit foundation I created, The P.A.C.E. Fitness Foundation. Much of my life back then was spent on the edge of roadways that were usually off the main path. My focus was on completing between 30 to 40 miles each day, never knowing what would be around the next bend in the road. Aside from an occasional conversation with a passerby, I was alone. The road reflected in my glasses was my companion. Those days are now far behind me.

Today, I am 53 years of age; happily re-settled into my career; will soon be marrying the most beautiful, intelligent, wonderful woman I could have ever hoped to be blessed with; and, have purchased a new home, which will be filled with love and laughter.


As the flowers bloom with the rising temperatures of springtime, I can't help but to look back on the path that I've traveled since those challenging days on the road. Sometimes life can seem like a long distance run in that you don't always know what's around the next bend. Many years ago, that is certainly what transpired in my life. However, I have arrived at a peaceful and content time in life, one that has me counting my blessings rather than anticipating struggles.

For countless years I journeyed on by doing something I know how to do very well -- persevering. I feel that I've arrived at where I've ultimately been focused on getting to. I find great joy in that. In fact, if you've ever seen photos or videos of the joy and satisfaction that I've displayed upon finishing any of my adventure runs from ocean to ocean or border to border, I can tell you that the joy and satisfaction I have in life right now far surpasses any of those moments.

Yes, I have arrived... finally.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: