Friday, March 10, 2017

You Can Lead Someone To A Blog, But You Can't Make Them Read!

You've likely heard the idiom, 'You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!' The same can be said about blog viewers. As a blogger, I can do all sorts of things to try and lead people to my blog, but I can't make them read. My blog viewer statistics show that every day I have people from around the world visit this blog. As a writer, I can only hope that they're actually reading.

It's estimated that there are over 150 million "blogs" on the Internet. In case you weren't aware, a "blog" is what you're reading right now. It's a particular website address (in this case http://paulstaso.blogspot.com) where you can find frequently updated content from someone who writes about something of interest and/or importance to him or her. In this case, you're at my running blog where I write on health, fitness and nutrition topics for people of all ages. The aim of this blog is to inspire and motivate others toward a healthier lifestyle.

Statistics show that over 409 million people view more than 22 billion blog pages every month, and that roughly 2 million blog writings worldwide are posted on the Internet each day. The average blog post length is around 900 words. I try to keep my daily posts to no more than 500 words. On topics that require more information, I'll go as high as 800 words. I've exceeded the 'average' of 900 words on only a few occasions. Although there are many blog platforms to choose from, I've chosen to use blogger.com, which was launched in 1999 and purchased by Google in 2003. By the way, the term "blog" is a shortened form of weblog.

I first began writing a blog in 2010 when I set off to run solo across Germany. Up until that time, I simply had a personal website where I would post frequent writings about my training and adventure runs. In 2012, I closed my blog and deleted the content. It wasn't until the summer of 2016 that I would return to blogging to try and provide content that would be encouraging, inspiring and motivating to others. Based on my blog statistics, my daily blog posts are read by people from around the world. I will never meet most of my readers, but it is nice to know that my writings can reach into the life of someone around the corner in my neighborhood or around the world.

I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism and have enjoyed writing since I was 13 years of age when I joined my junior high yearbook staff. Ever since then, writing has been a way for me to communicate what is important to me and, hopefully, catch the eye and interest of those who choose to take five minutes to read my writings. If you've read the 483 words so far in this blog post, then you must have an interest in what I'm writing. Perhaps you should consider writing your own blog to share something that you feel strongly about, a topic that inspires you, or a subject that you believe you can educate others about. A blog can be about anything, and with 409 million people viewing Internet blogs every month, you're bound to capture some readers!

To those from around the world who take a few minutes to read my blog whenever your time allows, I thank you.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: