Monday, December 17, 2018

Older Than a Grinch, but Younger Than a Red-nosed Reindeer!

This past weekend, Kelley and I took Hannah and Kyndal to see the latest Grinch movie that is in theaters. It was a well done version of the five-decades-old story and all of us enjoyed it. At one point in the movie, the Grinch says, "I'm 53 years old, so Christmas has changed a lot from what it was when I was a little Grinch." Hannah leaned over to me and said, "You're as old as the Grinch!" That made me chuckle, but later -- as I thought about the fact that I was born in 1965 -- I realized that I'm the same age as a few holiday classics. For instance, "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "The Sound of Music" were released in 1965. Also, Burl Ives' album "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" hit record stores in 1965. There were also some classic games that were released in 1965, such as "Trouble" and "Operation." So, 1965 was a pretty good year for the birth of classic holiday entertainment!

However, I must share that the new Grinch animated movie is slightly inaccurate. The Grinch is actually 52 years old, not 53 as stated in the latest version of the Grinch tale. "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" was first released in 1966, which would make me one year older than the Grinch. At least I can take comfort in the fact that Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer is one year older than me!

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: