Tuesday, October 22, 2019

New Addition to Our Family: A Chevrolet Silverado 1500

My wife and I recently purchased a new vehicle... one that I've thought about getting for quite some time. We purchased the All-Star Edition of the Chevrolet Silverado 1500, with heavy-duty trailering package. It has a 5.3-liter V8 engine; 4-wheel drive automatic; 6-inch tubular oval chrome assist steps; heavy-duty rear automatic locking differential; Z71 off-road suspension package; skid plate package; stability control -- with anti-roll; traction control -- ABS and driveline; privacy/tinted glass; air conditioning; cruise control; power heated mirrors; power steering; locking tailgate; Bluetooth; and more. The bed length is about 6 feet. We are very happy with it -- and love the deep ruby metallic color!

For the past 20 years or so I've primarily driven what many would consider to be "Mom" cars -- those being minivans, crossover SUV's, or soccer-mom-type SUV's. It's nice to have a truck that I can haul things, if needed, and which can comfortably hold up to six people (yes, inside the truck... not in the bed of it!). This 5,000-pound truck gets 22 miles per gallon on the highway, and 15 in the city.

My 86-year-old father has driven a Chevy Silverado for the past 25 years. He has taken such good care of it that you would never know that it is a quarter of a century in age! His truck, which still runs great, has 260,000 miles on it -- but by the appearance of it you would guess that it's about 10 years old. I'm hoping to get as many years out of my Silverado as he has out of his. I've included a photo of my Dad with his truck.


From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: