Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Remembering The 620-Mile, 20-Day Run Across Montana of 2008

This year marks 10 years since I did my solo run across the state of Montana. That run was to promote youth health and fitness through my non-profit foundation, The P.A.C.E. Fitness Foundation (PACE standing for "Promoting Active Children Everywhere"). Between April 28 and May 19, 2008 I ran 620 miles east-to-west across Montana averaging 31 miles per day. During those 20 days, I ran from the Great Plains at the North Dakota border to the top of the Northern Rocky Mountains at the Idaho border, in temperatures from 19 to 90 degrees.

Approximately 8,000 school children from 8 countries participated virtually, logging more than 42,000 miles as they tracked my progress through my online classroom. During the 620-mile run I battled two snowstorms, sleet, rain, relentless headwinds, 90+ temperatures, and more – logging 247 miles in the final mountainous week of the journey.

Below is a music slideshow of the Montana adventure featuring pictures from the run as well as photos of the school children around the world that ran with me virtually.


From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: