Thursday, November 24, 2016

What I Am Most Thankful For...

It's Thanksgiving Day, a holiday commemorating a harvest festival celebrated by the Pilgrims in 1621. Traditionally, this day in America is for enjoying time with loved ones and for eating delicious food. However, this is also a day to give thanks for all that we're grateful for. The list of what I am thankful for is quite long, but I want to take a moment to share with you those that rank at the top:

  • I am thankful for Kelley... my fiancĂ©, best friend, partner, and the most beautiful person -- inside and out -- that I've ever known in my entire life.
  • I am thankful for my four wonderful children: Jenna, Ashlin, Kyler and Brian.
  • I am thankful for Kelley's lovely children: Rachel, Nathan, Hannah and Kyndal.
  • I am thankful for my parents and their constant love and encouragement.
  • I am thankful for my siblings and pray they have a wonderful day with their families.
  • I am thankful for my friends and co-workers.
  • I am thankful for my job and the benefits I receive from it.
  • I am thankful for my health and fitness.
  • I am thankful for my faith in God and the many blessings He has given me.

This day of giving thanks was initially started with a simple gathering. Following the Mayflower’s arrival at Plymouth Rock on December 11, 1620, the Pilgrims suffered the lost of 46 of their original 102 colonists. With the help of 91 Indians, the remaining Pilgrims survived the bitter winter and yielded a bountiful harvest in 1621. In celebration, a traditional English harvest festival brought the Pilgrims and natives to unite in a “thanksgiving” observance.

Nearly 400 years later, families and friends still come together for an annual day of thanksgiving. May each of us approach every day of the year with thankful hearts for all that we've been blessed with in life.

From my heart to yours... Happy Thanksgiving.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: