Thursday, February 14, 2019

My Lovely Daughters -- Jenna and Ashlin Staso

I am blessed to be the father of two lovely women who are blazing their own paths in life. Both have graduated from universities and have been in the professional working world for several years. We reside in different states and there are days when I truly feel more than just the miles separating us. Life is full or responsibilities, activities, and planning. Before we know it, days have turned into months, and months into years. Regardless of how much distance there is between us, or how much time goes by, I want both of my daughters to know that I love them deeply; that I'm proud of their accomplishments; that I'm honored to be their father; and, that I'll always be praying for them, missing them, cheering for them, and loving them with a truly special love that only a father can feel for his daughter. I recently read this poem and wanted to share it since it reflects so much of what my heart holds, and wishes, for my daughters.
What could I give you, to show that I care?
To open my heart and show what’s in there.
How can I tell you with more than mere words,
How I’m wrapped ’round your finger with invisible chords.
And what can I show you that you haven’t seen,
That displays how I love you and all that you mean.
If you run to the desert I would pray for you there,
Or climb the tall mountains to breathe the clear air.
Or sail across the oceans to far away lands,
To find worlds that you’ll conquer
With your own two hands.
Dream your best dreams, don’t leave anything out,
For your hopes and your dreams are what I'm praying about.
Look to the future to see where you'll go,
With faith, strength and courage, you'll get there…I know.
If the road is dark, God will set it alight,
And He'll always keep watch for you all through the night.
What would I tell you that would help you along,
I’d tell you your gift is your heart -- which is so strong.
I’d tell you again what I’ve told you before,
As much as I’ve loved you there is One who loves you more.
I would tell you to walk with His love as your guide,
And trust in His voice as it echoes inside.
What message I’d leave you, what lesson instill...
It would be that I love you,
And I always will.
I love you, Jenna and Ashlin. I always will.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: