Wednesday, August 12, 2020

A Ford Focus Has Joined Our Family's Fleet of Vehicles

We've added another car to our family's fleet. Last week Kelley and I purchased a Ford Focus -- which is an excellent addition since it gets up to 38 miles per gallon with highway driving. During the spring, summer and autumn, I'll be driving this vehicle for my weekday 30-mile round-trip drive to the law firm where I work. During the winter months, I'll drive the Chevy Silverado truck that we purchased last year. Now we own a Chevy truck, a Dodge Nitro SUV, and a Ford Focus.

According to Experian, the average family owns two cars, while 35 percent of American households own three cars or more. Of course, we have a teenage driver (sophomore) in our home who is logging her required hours on a driver's permit. It won't be long before one of our three vehicles will be driven by her to and from high school.

Major automakers reported a more than 30 percent drop in U.S. sales in the second quarter of 2020. With the Coronavirus pandemic impacting our world in such a tragic way, car sales are definitely one area of the economy where the financial impact is being felt. In fact, the U.S. has just experienced the biggest plunge in auto sales since the Great Recession and the auto bankruptcies of 2009.

I've come a long way in 40 years since I purchased my first car, a 1969 VW Bug. Kelley and I believe in purchasing quality vehicles that will go the distance and be reliable. We're fortunate in today's economic climate to be able to have such vehicles. Both of us have maintained working full time in our "essential" jobs and have been weathering this pandemic without much disturbance in our day-to-day lives.

By the way, I've nicknamed the new Ford Focus "The Fly" because of it's compact design and black color.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: