Wednesday, April 26, 2017

My Life Has Greatly Changed Since I Conquered The Mojave Desert

This week marks six years since I completed my solo run across the Mojave Desert. My life is very different, in many ways, than it was six years ago.

Five years ago I went through a divorce. About 2½ years ago I relocated from Montana to Indiana to accept a position with a law firm. In August 2015 I met Kelley and in November 2016 she and I became engaged. Last year I made the decision to retire from running across states and countries. The past six years since completing that 506-mile, 17-day run across the Mojave have been filled with change, adjustment and refocusing on the direction of my life.

I'm 52 years old and am the father of four incredible children, ranging in age from 17 to 24. I've been blessed in countless ways in my life and do not take for granted any opportunities or successes I've been fortunate to have. My fiancĂ© is a wonderful woman who I love and respect with all of my heart, and who has been instrumental in helping me gain a clearer perspective and focus in my life. I am happy, healthy and excelling.

My running cap, shades and stroller have been replaced with office attire and a Buick. The roads of America are no longer my office and school children are no longer my audience. I am working in a field that I first started in nearly 25 years ago — law. I handle an array of cases dealing with securities fraud, construction liability, personal injury, and more. Having previously worked for law firms in Alaska and Montana, as well as in the legal division of the U.S. Department of the Interior, I'm pleased to be with a firm that has a renown reputation for quality work and success.

Are there more changes on the horizon for me? Sure there are! I'll be getting married to my best friend; setting new athletic goals; and, changing the wallpaper in my office! Yes, the past six years have been a time of change, adjustment and refocus. Now it's time to run forward in my life and to look forward to all that the coming years and decades have to offer.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: