Friday, March 15, 2019

Closing In On My 54th Birthday -- And Taking a Look Back

I'm 3 weeks away from my 54th birthday and I recently looked at a picture of myself from the age of 27. I'm now twice that age! My hair has certainly receded as the years have gone by and I'm 25 pounds heavier than I was back in 1992. Thankfully, the wrinkles have stayed minimal and the gray hair hasn't come on yet... but it will, and I'm okay with that. I'm blessed to be the father of four adult children, and the step father to four others -- two adults, one 14-year-old, and one soon-to-be eleven year old. Last year my greatest prayer was answered in that I got to marry my best friend and the love of my life, Kelley. All in all, I'm going into my 54th birthday incredibly happy and content.

Plato is credited as saying, "He who is of calm and happy nature will hardly feel the pressure of age, but to him who is of an opposite disposition... youth and age are equally a burden." I believe there's a lot of truth to that statement. My aim has always been to go into my 'mature years' with more laugh lines than wrinkle lines. I realize I'm on the 'other side of the hill' at this point in my life in that I have more years behind me than in front of me. However, I am just as excited about all that is in front of me at this point in my life as I was at the age of 27. Life is a journey and I'm going to appreciate each and every step I am given from this point forward.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: