Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Chocolates, Sun Tans, and Retiring. These Must Be Popular Topics!

I started writing blogs for the Internet back in 2006 when I ran solo across America. It was my way of sharing that adventure with people across the Internet and around the world. I then wrote blogs for my other adventures, including my running endeavors across Alaska, Germany and the Mojave Desert. The picture accompanying this writing is of me in a small German village back in 2010, writing a blog post while on a park bench. I'm in my third year of writing in this particular blog that you are now at and it's always interesting to take a look at the blog statistics. To date, I've made 335 posts since June 2016 covering an array of topics. Based on overall post views, the top three writings have been:


Each day, readers come to this blog from 15 to 20 countries around the world. For instance, as I am writing this post I see that there are readers accessing my blog from the United States, France, Germany, United Kingdom, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, and elsewhere -- including Azerbaijan. I have to admit, I had never heard of Azerbaijan and had to look on a map to see where it is. It's actually a landlocked country in the South Caucasus region of Eurasia at the crossroads of Eastern Europe and Western Asia. Yep, there's someone reading my blog from between the Caspian Sea and the Caucasus Mountains.

I use keyword tags to help promote each writing through search engines, and most of my blog traffic comes from Google, Yahoo and social media. Typically, right after I post a blog writing it will receive about 20 hits from readers within the first day. As the writing is cataloged by search engines for targeted keywords, it will then gain more readers from those who find it using search engine keywords that are related to what I wrote.

It's estimated that there are over 150 million blogs on the Internet and my blog is just one in a sea of writings. I appreciate those who take a moment to read my words. In April 2017, I wrote about why I write this blog. Those reasons have not changed.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: