Friday, April 28, 2017

Why Do I Write This Blog?

I blogged for many years as I ran solo across states and countries. After I completed my last adventure run in 2011, I took my numerous blog writings offline. It wasn't until late June of last year that I decided to start blogging again. So, the blog that you're reading has only been online for 10 months. In that time I've posted 162 writings.

This blog uses the free blog-publishing service of "Blogger," which has been around for nearly 20 years. In 1999, Blogger was launched by Pyra Labs -- which was bought by Google in 2003. I believe that this service will continue for a long time. Therefore, I decided to place my blog here. You see, I won't be around forever and once I cross my final finish line on this earth I want my writings left behind -- both for the benefit of my children as well as those who may find one of my writings via a Google search related to a topic I've addressed. Maybe my words will help to educate and/or encourage someone after my time here is done. I know that may sound rather dismal coming from a 52-year-old... but it is one of the reasons for my writing -- although not the only reason!

If you read my blog writings from 5 to 10 years ago, you know that the focus was on my ultra-endurance training, running across large expanses of land, and topics related to youth fitness. Over the past 10 months, I've included in this blog a variety of writings -- some about sport, some about nutrition, some about personal experiences, and so on. I try to post a blog writing each weekday, Monday through Friday, taking the weekends away from it. I enjoy writing and my eldest daughter once told me that she's amazed that I always seem to find something to write about.

This blog is a way for me to do something I enjoy -- write. It also gives me a place to share things that I feel are worthy of a 3-minute read. I also take opportunities to share some personal thoughts and experiences. However, I am not an "open book" to the general public. The personal things that I share through this blog are selected carefully. I'm sure some family members and friends have learned things about me and/or my running that they didn't know until they read this blog.

Writing has always been an enjoyment for me. I was in an advanced English class in 8th grade and on the yearbook staff. Since then, writing has been a part of my life. One of my B.A. degrees is in journalism and I do a lot of writing in the law profession. I've had numerous websites that I've built and written for, and I've written a book that I'm aiming to publish in the future. Writing has been as much a part of my life as running has been. Each word written is like a step taken, and eventually I reach the finish line and sign off with...

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: