Thursday, June 6, 2019

There's No Politics Here, So Move Along If That's What You're After!

Thirteen years ago, I wrote my first blog post. Over the years I've had different blog platforms, but I can tell you that I have never once written about politics. Why? Because it's not something that I care to discuss or debate. Sure, I could constantly fill this blog with political terms, such as filibuster, gerrymander, incumbent, left-wing, right-wing, non-partisan, and so on. I could write posts that would be considered a grassroots effort to advance a certain political position. I could try to be a Muckraker who seeks out the scandalous activities of public officials. However, that's simply not what I'm about.

At the time of this writing, there are 24 Democrats and 2 Republicans who have been named in the race for President of the United States -- and to be included in the list a candidate must have raised at least $500,000 (as of March 31, 2019, according to the Federal Election Commission) or been featured in at least three national polls. The election will take place on November 3, 2020. It will be the 10th election of a U.S. President I will have voted in. Yes, I could spend the next 17 months writing frequently about the individual candidates, political tension in America, and much more. I'm sure that I could increase traffic to this blog if I were to begin dissecting the qualifications of each candidate, as so many blog writers are doing. However, that won't be happening here.

Okay... I'll give you just a bit of political info. Sixteen U.S. presidents (approximately one-third) have won two consecutive elections. The first two of 12 Democratic primary presidential debates will be held in June and July. NBC News, MSNBC, and Telemundo will host the first debate and CNN will host the second. As of this writing, no information has been released regarding the timing of the Republican primary debates. The Democratic National Convention will be held July 13-16, 2020, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Republican National Convention is scheduled to take place August 24-27, 2020, in Charlotte, North Carolina.

That completes the only writing you will find in this blog related to politics. And, I'm sure there will be someone who is upset because I didn't state the total number of Libertarian, Green, Conservative, Independent and Nonpartisan candidates running for U.S. President. If you want that type of information, keep surfing elsewhere.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: