Friday, May 3, 2019

What's in a Name? I Decided to Explore my Surname, STASO.

My last name is Staso, pronounced with a long 'A' sound (like STAY-SO). There are 642 immigration records available for the last name Staso, and although it is not a common surname it can most often be found in the U.S. in Pennsylvania. Ukraine is the country where the surname 'Staso' is most common, with the United States coming in second and Russia third. It is said that globally, fewer than 500 people have the surname Staso.

Several popular surname resource websites state that the meaning of "Staso" is unknown. However, I did find one website which had this to say about those bearing the Staso surname: "You are spiritually intense and can sting or charm. Your name brings love and new starts into life and attracts money. You are bold, independent, inquisitive and interested in research. You know what you want and why you want it. You are basically a peacemaker. You understand the law of harmony and desire to balance your life with those around you. You may feel incomplete without someone to share your love, ideals, wealth or work. You have developed intuition, patience and the ability to nurture others. You can achieve the state of happiness if you're willing to accept your needs in a complimentary relationship and go to create them." I also read that the surname Staso conjures benevolence, keenness and diplomacy.

I don't take stock in astrology or numerology, so I won't share what I saw about the surname 'Staso' in those categories.

Perhaps the most humorous thing I've read that includes 'Staso' is the meaning of "Stasophobia," which is a fear of standing or walking (the origin of the word staso is Latin [meaning standing] and phobia is Greek [meaning fear]). It's ironic that my surname appears in a phobia term regarding being on your feet -- especially since I've run across states and countries!

Finally, I used a research database and found out that there are currently two other men in the United States with the name Paul Staso -- one older than I am, and one younger.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: