Thursday, December 12, 2019

We Don't Need a Star to Lead Us to God's Son -- Just a Willing Heart

I was recently thinking about what the Star of Bethlehem -- or Christmas Star -- looked like to the wise men who followed the star to Jesus' birthplace. Of course, it wasn't just a bright star in the Western sky. It was the star of the Messiah. I'm sure it was an amazing sight!

The most amazing sea of stars I have ever witnessed was during my nights of camping in the middle of the Mojave Desert while I was on my solo run across the Mojave in 2011. For several nights, I pitched my tent and laid down to watch God's amazing light show (see accompanying photo). Being 100 miles in any direction from the nearest artificial light, the sky was incredibly clear. I could see constellations, satellites and shooting stars with such clarity that I felt like I was in a planetarium... but the scene before me was pure nature!

When you lay down all alone in the middle of a desert and look up at the night sky -- filled with lights beyond comprehension -- it truly makes you feel small. As a Christian, I looked up in awe of God's creation. I took time to talk to Him and to thank Him for my life, the abilities He blessed me with, and for all that He created. Most people won't have an opportunity to experience a moment like that in the middle of a vast desert, but each and every day we can look up and give thanks to God for all that He has done, and is doing, in our lives. We don't need a star to lead us to Him. We just need hearts that are willing to seek; willing to humble; willing to be penitent; willing to be grateful; and, willing to accept all that God has for us.

Psalm 19:1 -- "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands."

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: