Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Would You Put Chicken Poop On Your Lips? A Lot of People Are!

I'm guessing that the title of today's blog writing has caught your attention and you're wanting to know what in the world I'm going to share. Last night, I was in a local farm store to purchase a few things for our home. At the checkout counter I saw something that I hadn't seen before. I'm not sure how I've never seen it since it has apparently been around for 15 years. If I were to go by the main print on the label, it is 100% pure free range chicken poop for your lips. Yep... it's a lip balm called Chicken Poop. I had to learn more about this unique item, so I did a little online reading.

The inventor of this chicken poop for your lips is Kansas born and raised Jamie Tabor. Apparently, she decided to call it "Chicken Poop Lip Junk" as a result of being inspired by her grandfather's sense of humor. As she explains at the I Love Chicken Poop website, if one was to complain of dry lips her grandpa would say, "Put some chicken poop on your lips so you won't lick 'em". Chicken Poop is in over 8,000 stores in the U.S.A., Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom.

On its Facebook page, Chicken Poop Lip Junk states that "All of our health-and-beauty creations are made from all-natural ingredients you will recognize. We seek to make only the best, high-quality products, while also being environmentally responsible with our packaging, our business practices and in our own lifestyles."

To put people at ease, the makers clearly state that there is NO chicken poop in the lip balm. It must be well liked by people because Chicken Poop Lip Junk currently has a 4+ star rating on Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond, Walgreens, and other popular retail websites. One review I read stated: "Poop isn't something one generally dreams of slathering onto the face (especially around the mouth). And, yet, I want to rub it all over my lips and scream "I Love Chicken Poop" from the rafters."

A couple of years ago, creator Jamie Tabor added two new flavors -- mint and coconut. So, what is her goal? In 2017, she is quoted in a Kansas-based newspaper as saying: "I imagine Chicken Poop replacing ChapStick at some point." If ChapStick gets a little chapped about that goal, I'm sure Jamie Tabor can give them some Chicken Poop to ease their discomfort.

You know, I kind of wish that I had the Chicken Poop Lip Junk when I ran solo across the Mojave Desert in 2011.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: