Friday, January 4, 2019

Heading For 54 and Feeling Healthy and Happy!

We're just a few days into the new year and there are certainly those who are starting to feel the muscle pains of their New Year's Resolution to get more active and fit. Workout gyms and fitness centers always see a boost in attendance at the start of a new year as people decide that THIS will be the year that they sculpt the body that they've always wanted. Unfortunately, many give up their fitness resolution within the first few weeks of the year. Three months from today I turn 54 years of age and am pleased to say that I require no medications and maintain a lifestyle that has resulted in a healthy level of fitness. Although I no longer do the extreme adventure runs across states and countries that I used to do, I feel that the life I have today is far more balanced and healthy.

On November 16, 2018, I posted a blog entry titled "Fit as a Fiddle at 53" -- having recently undergone my annual physical exam. In that writing, I shared that I'm 5'9" tall, weigh 158 pounds, have a 31-inch waist, and my blood pressure is 118/68. My heart and lungs are healthy. My complete blood count (CBC) results came back great; my cholesterol levels are good; triglycerides levels are normal; lipid numbers are where they should be; thyroid, liver and kidney function normal; blood glucose level is normal; body mass index is normal; and, my Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) test was "perfect," according to my doctor. I have never had to take any medications for anything and there is no indication that any medications are in my near future. I do take a daily multi-vitamin, but that's it.

As I inch nearer to age 54, I thought I'd share with you a few specifics from my annual exam report. Here are a few key results:






It's never too late to start making healthy choices to improve your overall health, wellness and fitness. Wishing everyone a healthy and happy 2019!

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: