Saturday, September 10, 2016

A Special Award From The World-Renowned Mayo Clinic

It was ten years ago when I ran through Rochester, Minnesota during my solo run across America. I was asked to be a guest speaker at the world-renowned Mayo Clinic, and even got to speak to a group of children from a nearby school who were transported to the Mayo Clinic to meet me. I met many wonderful doctors doing some very important work, and some of them wanted to hook me up to machines to study me. I had completed nearly 2,000 miles of my 3,260-mile coast-to-coast journey and they were curious as to what was beneath the surface of the guy pushing a loaded jogging stroller 30 miles per day. Suffice it to say, I managed to do my visit without the doctors at the Mayo Clinic poking and prodding me. I simply outran them! :)

While there, I was given a very special award from Mayo Clinic's Project Director of their CardioVision 2020 program. The "Health Hero Award" was presented to recognize my efforts in promoting childhood health across the United States. I consider it an honor to receive that award and I truly respect and applaud the diligent work that doctors and researchers at the Mayo Clinic conduct every day.


CardioVision 2020 is the Mayo Clinic's comprehensive initiative to reduce coronary heart disease and cardiovascular disease. Every year, more than a million people from all 50 states and nearly 150 countries go to Mayo Clinic for care. The Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Rochester, Minnesota; Scottsdale and Phoenix, Arizona; and Jacksonville, Florida -- and the Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: