Monday, September 19, 2016

"Without Ice Cream, There Would Be Darkness and Chaos!"

1976 Olympic Marathoner Don Kardong has said, "Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos!" I agree with him! When I coached high school distance runners I would often make a stop with them at the local ice cream stand after logging a long team run.

Men's Fitness magazine reports that the sweet thing about eating ice cream after going for a run is the fact that the sugars help promote muscle building and prevent protein breakdown with it's powerful insulin spike. Ice cream can be beneficial up to two hours after a workout.

My favorite ice cream is Moose Tracks, perhaps because I grew up in Alaska! Moose Tracks is available in over 20 flavor varieties... all containing its famous Moose Tracks fudge. Perhaps you should consider entering an ice cream running event! There are many road races in the United States that have "ice cream" in their title, such as the Ice Cream, You Scream Fun Run and The Great Ice Cream Run.

So, step outside and log some miles. Then, enjoy your favorite ice cream. You certainly don't want darkness and chaos in your life!

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: