Monday, September 12, 2016

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe!

At the top of this blog you'll see that it states I write on health, fitness and nutrition topics with the aim being to inspire and motivate others toward a healthier lifestyle. That's very true. However, today I'm straying momentarily down 'Sweet Indulgence Lane.'

I want to share with you my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. It has been my favorite for nearly 30 years! I'm not going to try and make this 'healthy' by substituting any of the ingredients or aiming for 'organic.' Instead, I'm going to share the original recipe, which is the only way that I've made them! I hope you enjoy every sweet morsel.
  • 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup shortening
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose* or whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 package (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
*If using self-rising flour, omit baking soda and salt.

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix sugars, margarine, shortening, egg and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until light brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: