Monday, January 20, 2020

I First Started Working in Law 27 Years Ago -- Back in 1993 at Age 28.

This week, I'm heading into my sixth year working at a law firm in Indiana -- after relocating to the "Hoosier" state from Montana many years ago. I'm a Senior Paralegal and have written before in this blog why I opted not to become an attorney. Over the years I've worked in small firms, large firms, and in the legal division of the U.S. Department of the Interior. Working in law has taken me to offices in Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, and finally Indiana.

I must say, for most of my 40's people thought that my full-time job was running, but running is not my job. I have a couple of Bachelor of Arts degrees from the University of Montana, where I attended in the 1980's. However, I never studied law at the higher education level. It's something that I sort of fell into back in 1993 when I interviewed to be on a legal research team for a large Alaska North Slope oil litigation matter. I ended up getting the job and learning law along the way.

After my time working for a large firm in Alaska, I worked nearly 10 years in a Montana law practice before taking a federal position with the U.S. Department of the Interior. Ultimately, I returned to working in a law firm and now focus primarily on securities litigation, insurance defense, class actions, and personal injury cases.

I must admit that I enjoy the complex and challenging work of law. The people I work with are seasoned professionals and the firm is well respected. It has been 27 years since I left the elementary teaching field and began working in law, and I have no regrets.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: