Monday, September 28, 2020

USA, Russia, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom... Readers Worldwide

You're reading a blog, but then again... you probably knew that. This month marks 15 years since I first started blogging. In September 2005, I created a blog as I prepared for my solo run across America in 2006. I've blogged on and off since then, but for the past four years I've been a steady blogger. About a quarter of all websites on the Internet are blogs, and 77 percent of Internet users read blogs regularly. Most bloggers are in the 30-39 age group, so at age 55 I'm definitely on the senior side of blogging. Also, 34 percent of current bloggers are in their first year of blogging.

The average person spends 37 seconds reading a blog post, which isn't much. That's why you'll see that I put certain sentences of my writings in bold text -- to help the 'skimmers' get the gist of what I'm writing about. However, for those who choose to read a blog post in its entirety, the ideal reading time for a post is 7 minutes. My posts take less time than that to read because I know people have busy lives and schedules and can't spend many minutes reading. Two-thirds of bloggers admit that they blog to try and make money. I've never earned one penny from blogging, and have no desire to push ads on this blog to try and get visitors to purchase things. That's not why I write in this blog.

This year, I've been averaging about 1,500 visitors each month to this blog. Most of my blog traffic comes from Google -- as a result of keyword searches that people do. There are days when posts that I made from previous years all of a sudden start getting traffic, likely due to the keywords related to the post. Nearly two-thirds of my blog readers are from the United States, with Russia being the country with the second highest number of visitors. My blog contains an easy translation tool, so those visiting from other countries can easily translate the text into their own language. Germany, Sweden and the United Kingdom round out the top five countries that visit my blog.

So far for 2020, I've posted 152 writings in this blog -- which averages to be one post every two days. There are three months remaining in 2020 and it is during the final quarter of the year that I tend to write less due to the busyness of the holiday season. To those who stop by and read this blog now and then, I say thank you.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: