Friday, May 29, 2020

My U.S.A. Run is Mentioned in a New Book Titled "Leaving a Legacy"

I've recently learned that my 2006 solo run across America is mentioned in Chapter 9 of a new book by author R.D. King titled "Leaving a Legacy."

I found a brief description of the book online which reads, "As we've gotten to the point of fact that everyplace we look, we're inundated with messages that our country is in dire straits. It's hard not to feel out of sorts under this pressure. But, you can learn how to come through not only this crisis, but any crisis that should come your way. Discover how to tap into your inner strength that will help you endure any adversity."

I certainly did have to tap into my inner strength in order to endure plenty of adversity that came along with running 3,260 miles alone across America. This is the second book that I've been mentioned in over the course of the past few years, and neither author has actually reached out to me. They have simply included information about me that they've primarily collected from online sources.

I must admit, I do find it surprising that 14 years after completing my run across the country there are authors that still find the accomplishment compelling enough to include in current books. The title of this latest book is "Leaving a Legacy." However, I genuinely hope that once I'm running in heaven my earthly legacy won't simply be viewed as striding from one coast to another. I pray that my faith; my work ethic; my perseverance; and the love I have for my wife, Kelley, my four stepchildren, and my four children will be the 'legacy' that people see.

From Him, Through Him, For Him (Romans 11:36),

Paul J. Staso
_______________________________________

Visit my YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/user/pacetrek

Click on any of the links below to see some of my adventure photos: